Thursday, August 28, 2008

Anchors aweigh

Where has August gone? It seems like it was just yesterday that Mike returned from his month long trip in July, and yet we found ourselves having to say goodbye to each other for 7 months earlier this week. Saying goodbye was a bit surreal...I think it's going to take some time for it all to sink in for all of us. Watching the ship leave was a starter...as soon as we approached the pier and saw all the sailors in formation on the flight deck, my eyes started watering, and then, when we spotted Mike in full uniform waving to us from a turret-like area high up over the bridge area, I literally choked up and the tears started coming. I'm so grateful Dad is here this week to be by our side, helping us all to keep our "chin[s] up" (inside joke, Dad). I don't think Nora really understands what's going on. She waved goodbye to Daddy and the ship, and then proceeded to run around the pier as if it were a playground. She has been asking for Daddy, though, wants to know why his car is in the driveway but he's not in the house. I'm posting photos from the pier, as well as some great shots of Daddy and his girls, taking during our month of quality family time.








No comments: